Saturday, August 21, 2010

Do you have fake nails?

I just got gel ones on and its hard to type :) what other inconveniences are there??Do you have fake nails?
Hi nope I cannot stand them, sometimes I put them on for occasions but I dont wear them all the time, Its hard to do anything let alone type with them on, pulling up pants, doing up zip, buttons, pick stuff up, putting on make up if you use your fingers that is, tying hair back, basically everything lol





For some reason when I get up in the morning after sleeping in false nails my fingers ache and hurt really badly. I dont know weather this is just me though lolDo you have fake nails?
I like the gel nails wayyy better than the acrylic kind (which look pretty fake most of the time).





If you just got them it will take a couple of days to get used to them. Typing and opening a can of soda can be tough. Haha. The important thing is to make sure they are a good length for you, a lot of people were them pretty long and I could never do that. When I had them (for a wedding) I kept them a pretty short and natural length.





The only other thing I really had to get used to was taking out and putting in my contacts. But again, you get used to everything in time.
Putting on clothing with a zip and buttons, can't do any athletic sport or bowling, picking a coin off a table and trying to get the first cigarette out of a packet takes some skill. Although they look good now, three weeks down the line they'll start looking shabby and it's not only a inconvenience it damages your real nails underneath and it'll take months for them to grow back normally, about the only handy thing with fake nails are that it's a great nose picker.
I HATE fake nails!!! Yeah they look pretty but they are heavy and in the way. I was blessed with women in my family who have always had long strong pretty nails and I am glad I don't have to waste my time or money on something so uncomfortable.


Try drinking more milk even chocolate milk is better than no milk and use a nail strengthener but those fake nails ruin your real nails so it may be a while before they are back in shape.
No I have never gotten them. I dont like that they look horrible when you get them off.


Yet I wanted some becuse my nails dont grow....until now! :)





Get the new Sally Hansen 4 in 1 and use vitamin E oil on your cutitcles twice a day! I am amazed my nails used to chip and break every day! Now its been like two weeks and I have only broke one! They are soo long!





Get some!! lol
I've worn them before and found it hard to type as well. Also using a cell phone (especially a touch pad!), tying shoelaces, pulling zips, flicking through the pages of a book, getting money out of a wallet.
Well theres also texting and doing up jeans tends to be kinda anoying lol but other than that it's ok :) after a while you get used to it and forget their, there :)
I had them once and they made things so difficult! Typing, picking up paper clip, etc. I guess you can get used to them but I didn't. I prefer my natural nails.
I used to have fake nails, never liked the chemicals they used so I quit, plus my nails began to ache..............





Plus, they are costly.............
I'm a nail tech, so yeah - I have nail enhancements on all the time. I do my own nails, and am wearing gel P%26amp;W's right at the moment.
NO, mine are real, I use Sally Hansen products and have really long nails, plus I don't have to go get them done every two weeks.
Yes, I get solar french tips. I love them. No polish needed and if you get a good nail tech they feel like natural nails.
yeh... i used to wear fake nails.


they shaped up my nails but are reli hard to text with!


so now... i just french manicure them.
noo..i hate fake nails..its hard to type and i hate taking them off.
hard to snap buttons, pick your nose, dig in your ears!
Nope. Got a dope mask though ;0)
No, I hate them.
Nope my nails are all me
i like them it is all up too u
i cant take out my contact lenses.
Yes and I love them!! I have acrylic with tips. I do my own and have for over 6 years. I have worn acrylic nails for since 92 or so.





My nails don't grow good, large lines in them which go through the whole nail and expose the bed, OUCH. The cuticles fall off, I have real problems. Plus I have eczema on my hands.





With fake nails on I have no issues. My nails are harder, stronger, and grow normal. This isn't the norm I guess. I have heard fake nails tend to make the real nail thin and brittle. Bless the Gods not me.





At first they felt funky, now I won't live without them. When they get long I catch them on cupboards and have more problems. You can break them if not careful opening cans, and they are not as thin as regular nails so picking up coins, cards and such can be a hassle if laid flat on a table. You just have to be creative at times and yes you will find you do somethings different. Personally I type with the nail and not the finger tip, so it is hard for me when I don't have nails. Also if you don't keep up with fills they tend to bend backwards/break off and that hurts.





I love being able to paint them, and have the colors stay on, not flake like on real nails. I do nail art on my own and have a blast, some elegant some just fun. :-)
HELL no. I friggin' hate those. Fake nails are for Barbie's. [whores]

No comments:

Post a Comment